Plan your visit
Would you like to visit in a group? Reservations are required online at reservationgroupe.mnhn.fr
There is no visitor car park at the Jardin des Plantes (Garden of Plants).
Parking authorised on request only for a maximum of two disability vehicles within the Jardin des Plantes site. The request must be submitted at least 48 hours prior to your visit to resamuseum [@] mnhn.fr.
Jardin des Plantes et Grandes Serres
Le Jardin des Plantes houses a variety of points of interest with signing that is sometimes complex.
It is not easy for visitors with intellectual disabilities to find their way around the grounds of the gardens.
Even though the area has a relatively simple design (long and narrow building), a carer is recommended to help visitors with intellectual disabilities find their way around the Grandes Serres.
- Access to the steps to reach the upper level (serre de Nouvelle-Calédonie - New Caledonia greenhouse) is via the “Rocher” (Rock) entrance, which has a rounded section at face level and sticks out over the path (the Rock is listed as a Historic Monument).
- The steps themselves have contrasting stair nosings but they are located in a narrow passageway.
- The handrail alongside the steps incorporates lighting to light up a section of the stairway to compensate for the relative darkness of the passageway.
- At the top of the steps, there is a passageway that can only be crossed using stepping stones. It is possible to hold onto the handrail to cross, but the area is very dimly-lit.
Grande Galerie de l’Évolution & Galerie des Enfants
The Grande Galerie de l’Évolution is easy for visitors to find their way around.
- the Grande Galerie de l’Évolution can be noisy during busy periods.
- the Grande Galerie is very dimly-lit in places.
- some people may suffer from vertigo when looking down to the lower floors from the balconies above, as well as in the lifts. Stairs can be used instead of these lifts if necessary.
A whole host of fun, interactive and easy-to-use exhibits are accessible to accessible to children with intellectual disabilities at the Galerie des Enfants.
The Galerie des Enfants is easy for visitors to find their way around, being a large space divided into three themed areas: town, river and rainforest. These three themed areas are clearly identifiable visually thanks to colour coding, symbols and very distinctive and specific furniture for each theme.
A mezzanine overlooks this area and is dedicated to the Planet and sustainable development.
Please note: the Galerie des Enfants can be quite noisy during busy periods.
Galerie de Paléontologie et d’Anatomie comparée & Galerie de Minéralogie
The Galerie de Paléontologie et d’Anatomie comparée is easy for visitors to find their way around, with two large rectangular rooms, one above the other.
Please note: access to the upper floors is by stairs only (around forty steps). These stairways are fitted with a traditional-style handrail.
The Galerie de Minéralogie exhibition is located in a space that is easy for visitors to find their way around.
Please note: some dimly-lit areas within the exhibition space.
Ménagerie, zoo of the Jardin des Plantes
A carer is recommended to help visitors find their way around the Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes demande un accompagnement.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact the public reception service at info-accessibilite [@] mnhn.fr