The Ménagerie is 80 % accessible to wheelchair users but a carer is recommended, for the following reasons:
- the uneven nature of the path in some places
- a short section - a few metres - of incline in excess of 4 % within the Ménagerie that does not interrupt the visit circuit (side path available)
- adapted toilet facilities but only in the “Men’s” toilets and some aspects do not meet the regulations
- toilets with disabled access in the garden to the right of the main entrance to the Ménagerie
- the ramp leading to the nursery is accessible but does not meet all the regulations
- some areas are not accessible to wheelchair users due to the presence of steps at the entrance: Big Cat house (but the animals can be seen from outside via an accessible path), Vivarium and the Reptile House.
- wheelchair users who find it difficult to navigate uneven surfaces are not advised to visit the Ménagerie (there are some bumps and holes in places).
Individual visitors and families
Free admission for visitors with disabilities on self-guided tours (without a guide) (without a guide), as well as for their carer, upon presentation of appropriate ID (disability or priority card). Any additional carers must purchase a ticket at the applicable price. No booking required for unguided visits.
Guided tours and workshops are available to groups of visitors with reduced mobility, subject to booking.
To find out more, download the activity programme for groups of visitors with disabilities.